Parent Newsletter Thursday January 25th
- Talk for parents on ‘Standards of Attainment in Balbriggan Educate Together NS’
The school’s Parent Association are hosting a coffee-morning followed by a talk by Fintan ( Principal) on the standards of teaching and learning-attainments in the school tomorrow ( Friday 26th) starting immediately at 8.40 ( with the talk from 9.15am to 10.15am). All parents welcome.
- E-payment system We have set up, for your convenience, an e-payment system in the school. In order for you to be included in this system we must ask you to email the school straightaway on email@example.com . When doing so please include the names of your children in the body of the email so that they can be cross-referenced to the system. This system, if up and running, may be of great assistance to you from April 30th when the 140euro@child for the 2018/19 school year falls due.
- Stay Safe Some children have reported to us various accounts of persons and issues that they have faced when walking home from school in recent weeks. At school we will be doing some lessons on ‘how to keep yourself safe in public spaces’ and how to report any dangers or issues that arise, should they arise. Could we ask all parents to also go over with your child/children what your expectations and ‘rules’ are for your children when walking to and from school each day.
- Parent Teacher Meetings: We look forward to meeting with you at our forthcoming parent-teacher meetings. By this stage you have received an appointment date/time from the class teachers, and you have been asked to confirm your attendance at this date/time. ( if you haven’t already done so , please do so immediately ). The meeting is accompanied by a comprehensive written Pupil Progress Report. Please do try to make this appointment as parent-teacher meetings are a very important aspect of the quality of your child’s progress in his/her education.
- Schools Excellence Fund The school has been selected by the Department of Education Inspectorate for participation in a pilot-initiative titled ‘School Excellence’ . Under this pilot the school will received enhanced funding to develop and enhance ‘Critical Thinking across the Curriculum with a particular emphasis in Maths and Science, and especially with regards to the language-skills of children for whom English is a Second Language’… quite a mouthful !!!!! but it will be of benefit to all the children’s learning and attainment for the three year period of the study. We’re delighted to be involved and look forward to rolling out many actions and initiatives in this regard.
- Brian Ruane many thanks to all those parents who expressed their condolences to us on the bereavement of our colleague and BOM member, Brian Ruane. We will continue with a Book of Condolence in the school foyer for a couple more weeks ( until after the PT Meetings) for anybody who would wish to record/write a message.