Parent Newsletter Thursday March 22nd
1 Spring Holiday: Parents are reminded that the school closes at 12noon tomorrow ( Friday 23rd) and reopens at 8.40am on Monday April 9th for the Spring Holiday.
2 Congratulations to:
- All on a very successful Feile na Gaeilge, our best ever. Thank you to the parents for your support for this event through dressing up the children on our La Glas, for a good attendance of parents at our visiting theatre company, for participating in the Family Trath na cCeist and for contributing to the very positive atmosphere around the school over the week.
- Our choirs who were highly commended for their performances at the national Cor Fheile in Tallaght.
- Our boys and girls soccer teams who acquitted themselves excellently at the recent FAI schools soccer blitz, and our gaelic football teams as they progress through their league, and our cross-country athletics teams as they conclude their busy season.
- Thank you to all parents for your courtesy and attendance at the parent-teacher meetings. Next year’s Parent-Teacher meetings will take place Tuesday-Thursday February 12th to 14th ( a full calendar for 2018/19 will issue in late June, but please note that the children return to school for 2018/19 school year on Thursday August 30th)
- To our Student Council on their ground-breaking project with the elderly of Gormanston Woods nursing home.
- The Parent Association on another successful club-registration night, and to the teachers on offering a comprehensive and exciting clubs programme, and to the children on making great choices and starting the clubs with fantastic enthusiasm.
3 Some important dates for your diary:
- On Friday May 4th we have our Celebration of Teaching and Learning Day. You are invited to visit the school for an hour or so anytime between 9.00am and 12noon to see presentations of the children’s academic and extra-curricular work, Assemblies and to celebrate the raising of our 6th Greeen Flag, our award for Digital Schopol of Distinction and to the launch of our published Writing Our Rights book ( containing children’s work from Human Rights Month). A detailed brochure for the day will issue nearer the time.
- Our annual Get Active week takes place from June 11th to 15th , and you are invited to our Sports Day in Bremore Castle Grounds on Wednesday June 13th
- Our 6th class Graduation takes place on Tuesday June 26th, sixth class parents and grandparents welcome.
- The annual standardised testing of the children in Literacy and Numeracy will take place on Tuesday to Thursday May 22nd to 24th, please ensure the children are in attendance. The results of these will be published in your annual End-of-year Pupil Progress report issuing in mid-June.
- Summer Camps will take place from July 2nd to 13th ( 10am to 1pm each Monday-Friday) a full brochure will issue shortly after our return from the Spring holiday.
4 Monies due; The 140euro for all your child’s texts, services and requisites for the 2018/19 school year is due to be paid to the school between April 9th to June 1st. This year we are able to offer an e-payment option, in addition to the traditional cash-payment-to-the-office option. Lorraine ( secretary) will issue you a link for e-payment via a text message in due course. Thank you in advance for making this payment promptly.
Should any child not be returning to us for the 2018/19 school year, or if there is a chance that he/she may not be, please let me , Fintan, Principal, know immediately as we have extensive waiting lists of anxious parents/children for each class throughout the school.
5 HSE Dental Services: Parents are reminded that the Dental forms issued to some classes by the school and collected by the school are now in the offices of the local HSE Dental Services where , in due course, they will contact you with an appointment in their HSE location. The school has no role other than the distribution and collection of these forms.
6 Remainder of the Year: A detailed calendar including all dates, deadlines, invitations, school-closures etc for the remainder of the school year will issue in the first week back after the spring holiday.