Parent Newsletter Wednesday January 28th
1 Severe Weather
Weather Forecasts for the next few days indicate that there may be snow. It may be possible that the school will have to close, or if it remains open that some special measures will have to be put in place. Please take note of the following:
- It will be our intention to keep the school open unless it is hazardous to do so.
- If the school is closed, you will recieve a text-message to one of the numbers you have given us at the start of the year in the Important Update form ( if the school is open there will be no message)
- If the school is open, it remains the choice of each parent as to whether you wish to send your child to school… it may be hazardous for you to make the journey, for example. Please feel free to make your own decision. Rest assured that the school will not quibble with any parent who makes the decision to keep their child at home if it was hazardous for you to make the journey. ( Any school work missed by your child will be revisited)
- The school may open, but we may close the campus to traffic. In this instance the two pedestrian gates either side of the main gate, and the side gate leading to Dunnes Stores will be open and the pedestrian paths to the school side door.
2 Talk to parents on Academic Standards in the school
Fintan will do a talk for parents on Academic standards in the school on Wednesday 4th February from 9.00am to 10.00am. If you wish to attend please ensure to give your name ( if you haven’t done so already) to Lorraine ( secretary).
3 What’s going on in the school at the moment?
- Parent Teacher meetings take place on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 10th, 11th and 12th of February. Your child will bring home an appointment slip this Friday ( 30th). If the apoointment offered does not suit you, please contact the teacher to arrange a mutually-convenient alternative.
- Best of luck to our Quiz teams, taking part in the Credit Union National Quiz this Saturday.
- Our Boys Gaelic Football teams are training hard in anticipation of the Cumann na mBunscoil championships due to take place over February and march.
- Similarly our girls Gaelic Football team are getting prepared for some local matches over March.
- Our Senior and Middle Choirs are busy preparing for the annual Cor na nOg choir festival?
- We have paired up in a special relationship with Balbriggan Cricket Club for the development of cricket in the school with both boys and girls, more details to follow
- Our teachers are busy putting together plans for our annual Feile na Gaelige March 9th to 13th